Why is President Trump getting blamed for Coronavirus spreading?

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past few months there seems to be a common trend in leftist main stream media blaming President Trump for Coronavirus spreading. Phrases are usually along the lines of "President Trump failed to stop the spread of Coronavirus."

What is missing is what people think he should have done. Not just posting the suggestions today, but months ago. It appears writers for main stream media sat on their hands, then when Coronavirus continued to spread, President Trump was blamed.

When President Trump made suggestions, such as quarantining the Northeast everyone got in an uproar. People such as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo fought Trump on various topics to help control the spread of Coronavirus, then blamed Trump for not doing enough. If people are going to fight Trump are every turn, why even try.

I do not blame Trump because I have inside information that the general public does not.

Let me share that information with everyone.

I was hired for a public health disease surveillance program in early 2005. The program had been in place for a couple of years before I was hired.

After 9/11 the federal government spent hundreds of millions of dollars on prepping for biological acts of terrorism. A nationwide disease surveillance program was set up. Local health departments were set up with software, new computer systems... all kinds of stuff to report outbreaks / positive test reports directly to the state and CDC. States were given massive funding to develop disease reporting network. This was called the HAN - Health Alert Network, but it goes far beyond what you will find on google. Texas for example had a private network of leased lines that allowed local health departments to access a private network that was only accessible be certain IP addresses.

I was part of a disease surveillance team that mapped local Southeast Texas high schools for mass vaccination programs. I used drafting software to map the flow of people through the school parking lots, to the school where people would be vaccinated for example small pox. We knew the length of the parking lots, the average length of a vehicle, how long the halls of the school were for walk ins.... so we could estimate how many people each school how handle.

One reason why I was hired was because I have blue print and drafting experience from my years working in welding shops.

I also did contact tracing when something like E. Coli was reported to the health department. I have first hand experience with doctors and hospitals hiding behind HIPAA and refusing to give out patient information.

In the years following 9/11 a gradual shift began away from acts of biological terrorism to pandemic planning. Around 2010, or 2011, if memory serves me right, the federal government started making budget cuts to the foundation that had been in place for close to a decade. Local health departments faced budget cuts. and gradually everything put into place in the early 2000s fell to the wayside.

Under President Bush hundreds of millions of dollars had been spent to modernize computer systems, and software had been put in place for contact tracing.

Under President Obama that funding was cut.

President Trump was left holding the bag when things fell apart.

If you want to blame someone, blame Obama. His administration helped undo over a decade of pandemic planning.

Blame the CDC for refusing to allow other health providers to do COVID-19 testing. For awhile only the CDC could test samples.

Blame the CDC for testing guidelines that caused providers to refuse to test patients who had COVID-19 symptoms because the patient could not provide contact tracing.

Blame the states and providers for not standing up to the CDC and doing their own testing.

Blame the CDC for not requiring health providers be provided with N95 masks. Hospitals were firing nurses because the nurses demanded N95, but the hospital said thy were following CDC guidelines.

Blame the World Health Organization for being Chinas pawn. When Taiwan said COVID-19 was airborne, China used their political clout to exclude Taiwan from WHO meetings.

Misinformation directly from the CDC saying wearing a mask does not help prevent the spread of COVID.

Dr. Anthony Fauci telling people not to buy masks.

Governors overreaching their power and ordering mayors not to require mask.

New York governor Andrew Cuomo refusing to quarantine the northeast.

When Trump placed travel restrictions on parts of China, Democrats played partisan politics and called Trump racist.

Blame local doctors and health providers for refusing to provide contact information on covid-19 patients. Local health departments had been fighting this for close to 20 years.

But somehow all of that is Trumps fault? Including the budget cuts in the Obama administration?

Last edited:

Michael

Yep, according to TV news everything bad that happens, even stuff their side makes up, is Trump's fault. What happened to the requirement to keep a broadcast license they need to provide balanced coverage? The Trump administration could get serious and shut them down--personally I'd love to see that.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, according to TV news everything bad that happens, even stuff their side makes up, is Trump's fault. What happened to the requirement to keep a broadcast license they need to provide balanced coverage? The Trump administration could get serious and shut them down--personally I'd love to see that.
Fair and balanced coverage would mean holding people such as MSNBC responsible for fake news.