Stimulus payment

Michael

For the first time in I don't know when I heard Pelosi agree with Trump, and even refer to him as President. I'll be glad to get 2000 but I'll believe it when I see it. There have been too many twist and turns in events these past 12 months to count on anything working out well. But heck, it won't hurt to start making a list of what I will get.

I know handing out money has potential bad side effects, like possible inflation, but right now, I think we can put it to good use getting ready for the dark times Biden keeps threatening us with.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot. People need help, and the GOP does not want to help. But after the crash of 2008 the federal reserve printed trillions out of thin air to help the banks. So the banks and foreign governments get help, and the people get screwed.

Michael

It's a roller coaster ride of emotions, glad to hear it was passed but disappointed with 600, then glad Trump tried to give us 2000, then disappointed we have to wait to see what it will wind up being. If correct, just saw the legislators in the HOR included a raise for themselves almost 100x what they had for us. Also lots of foreign give aways. It's all crazy, but we might as well get some. This stuff should have never happened but I think it's too late to fix now.

Michael

Apparently the $2000 version still hung up in Senate, maybe awaiting introduction of separate bill. And I heard someone say the foreign pay outs are really just a way to funnel donations back to DNC or similar favored organizations. That's amazing, in a bad way.

Michael

TV news says McConnell is sabotaging the upgrade to 2000 by including a couple of little extra provisions that are hard to swallow for Dems. Yet they had no similar criticism of the giant funding bill. If it wasn't so infuriating they could turn this into a good sitcom.

Michael

Looking like the new one is going to be cut to 1000, thanks to RINOs offering a deal. And I still haven't got the 600 yet either.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Looking like the new one is going to be cut to 1000, thanks to RINOs offering a deal. And I still haven't got the 600 yet either.

Neither party cares about the citizens of this nation. They give millions, tens of millions to other nations, but we get pennies.

Michael

Looking like I may not get the 600 after all. They have no record of receiving my return (so file another one?) - if so, that would be first time it was ever lost. And I saw a new (to me) stipulation that the rebate (that's what they call the stimulus payment if you have to file a return to get it) won't be sent out separately. Not sure if in government speak that means you have to be due a refund to get the rebate. Phone call may be next but not holding out much hope. I hate this convoluted bureaucratic mess. That first payment was easy. Second has been a drawn out circus. Third (1400?) - probably no chance for that if I don't get the 2nd. (as you said above :) )