Maybe women should be denied to right to divorce?

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Something like 85% of divorces are initiated by women.

If 85% of school age children had the chicken pox the government would declare a national emergency.

If 85% of people had a certain disease,or condition, there would be a national outcry.

Yet, 85% of divorces can be initiated by women and nobody bates an eye. Children are raised in broken homes, men are driven into poverty through child support and alimony. How many men kill themselves every year because their wives walk away from a perfectly good marriage.

Sooner or later society has to step up and say enough is enough. Women have abused their right to divorce long enough.

IamZeke

There might be an easier way. First idea would be to limit marriages like any other contracts so they have to be renewed regularly. First off this reduces the feeling of being trapped in a marriage by both parties. The idea of forever can be intimidating to some.

But with the regular renewal people will see less stigma in prenups. Fact is that all marriages should have prenups but it has a stigma attached that you don't love the other well enough so no sense in bothering. Regardless of renewals or not, the judge that issues the license should be pulling both parties aside and having them make a prenup. If they list pretty standard things them he presents both sides the other's expectations, says these are normal, and asks if they wish to proceed. If a demand is too weird or unreasonable then he should direct to counseling or a lawyer to work things out before they go get themselves trapped for a long time.

The idea of sharing half automatically is a bit broken. It's really what you are putting into the marriage. That doesn't mean that a stay at home who takes care of things is of no or small value. But the rich man's wife who has a nanny and a maid really isn't doing squat. And it's her fault if she can't support herself anymore, thinking she deserves spousal support. On the other hand the gal with 4 kids playing tiger mom for a decade or two certainly needs a boost to take care of her needs until she gets a paying skill back under her belt. Of course with modern times of role swaps the house dad rates the same for good or ill. Fair play and all that.

Of course, no skipping the kids' needs whatsoever. And hard working home parents have as much a right to bitch about breadwinners being slackers. Breadwinners should be expected to work, plus improve their skill set so the family can prosper more.

Finally, we need to solve one of the biggest causes of family friction. Money. Look at at all these dumb kids taking out massive loans for college out of high school. Why? Because school and parents don't teach kids about finance. We have laws that say no contracts before 18 because we know they aren't ready, but somehow genetics gives them a clue at 19? Put all these kids through several semesters of personal and household finance before handing them a high school diploma. Maybe then the breadwinner won't go apeshit and start looking for a bat to hit the other who is charging up $7 coffees after their morning jog and spending all day at the nail salon.

It's all about breaking the entitlement expectation. Marriage is a team contract that both are expected to give consideration. I'm using the word consideration in the contract law sense. You have to give to get something.

The fact is that a lot of modern women have this trophy mentality about themselves. They want to be equal but don't get equality comes with an equal burden. Expecting to be cared for and not pull their weight has become a common mentality. A woman who is dutiful, runs the house and family needs like a demon, is solicitous of a man's burden, and delivers timely morale support needs to be treated like a proper lady. She's earning that. Otherwise she needs to be pushed off her ass to go work. A spouse is an investment not a joy ride.

There's a damn good reason I never married. I'm not a cash cow to be milked. MGTOW didn't happen for no reason. It was a reactionary response to women not realizing that getting half means earning half.

People sometimes wonder how I date so much without getting married. All I have to do is look like I'm the guy who will make life for gals be Easy Street and they are always willing to give the short investment of charm and sex. But it never fails they start feeling entitled before they are willing to put in the real effort. I'd probably have more luck finding the better ones if I lived rurally, but the city is where the jobs are....along with the entitled city girls.

Linda T.M.

Something like 85% of divorces are initiated by women.

If 85% of school age children had the chicken pox the government would declare a national emergency.

If 85% of people had a certain disease,or condition, there would be a national outcry.

Yet, 85% of divorces can be initiated by women and nobody bates an eye. Children are raised in broken homes, men are driven into poverty through child support and alimony. How many men kill themselves every year because their wives walk away from a perfectly good marriage.

Sooner or later society has to step up and say enough is enough. Women have abused their right to divorce long enough.

Playing victim is not the answer, male feminists are equally as disturbed as regular feminists.