How much gun control is enough?

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
With the recent school shooting in California there are renewed calls for gun control. The question we should be asking ourselves, how much gun control is enough?

• National Firearms Act of 1934
  • Gun control act of 1968
  • Brady Bill
  • Laws against family violence offenders
  • Laws that prohibit felons from owning a gun
  • Various executive orders

How much is enough?

The honest truth is , there will never be enough gun control laws for gun grabbers.

Then we have to ask ourselves, why will there never be enough gun laws? I think the reason is gun control of a bandwagon platform that attracts the weak minded. If we just ban "insert topic" then problems will go away. That same mindset has worked wonders with the war on drugs.

It's a bandwagon topic because conservatives paralyzed themselves by getting in bed with the NRA. We're going to be stuck with democratic solutions on gun control because conservatives can't muster up the courage to propose reasonable ways treat the mass shooting epidemic in this country.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
It's a bandwagon topic because conservatives paralyzed themselves by getting in bed with the NRA.

You do realize the NRA membership is shrinking right? A lot of gun owners, including myself are moving over the Gun Owners of America.

How would more gun control address school shootings?

You do realize the NRA membership is shrinking right? A lot of gun owners, including myself are moving over the Gun Owners of America.

How would more gun control address school shootings?

I'm aware that it's shrinking, but the mentality the NRA imbued in to gun owners for the last 40 years is alive an well.

Gun control won't stop school shootings, but that's what we're going to end up with because things like universal background checks or red flag laws are DOA when put in front of conservatives.

White_man_Dave

Proud yankee
Gun control does not really work but I get background checks and permits. People buy guns without background checks all the time threw private sales. This should be stopped, I do not care if its by republicans or democrats. Law abiding citizens have nothing to worry about only criminals and those with stuff to hide would be hurt by this anyhow.

You have to get a drivers liscense, why not a firearms license?

Jarvis

Gun control does not really work but I get background checks and permits. People buy guns without background checks all the time threw private sales. This should be stopped, I do not care if its by republicans or democrats. Law abiding citizens have nothing to worry about only criminals and those with stuff to hide would be hurt by this anyhow.

You have to get a drivers liscense, why not a firearms license?
If the 2A states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed, and Thomas Jefferson later stated that no free man shall ever be debarred from keeping and bearing arms, How is gun registration going to help? Truth of the matter is that registration is precursory to confiscation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jarvis

With the recent school shooting in California there are renewed calls for gun control. The question we should be asking ourselves, how much gun control is enough?

• National Firearms Act of 1934
  • Gun control act of 1968
  • Brady Bill
  • Laws against family violence offenders
  • Laws that prohibit felons from owning a gun
  • Various executive orders

How much is enough?

The honest truth is , there will never be enough gun control laws for gun grabbers.

Then we have to ask ourselves, why will there never be enough gun laws? I think the reason is gun control of a bandwagon platform that attracts the weak minded. If we just ban "insert topic" then problems will go away. That same mindset has worked wonders with the war on drugs.
Not trying to point out the obvious my friend but the 1968 GCA is the law prohibiting those convicted of felonies from owning or possessing firearms. Also it was th Laghtenberg Amendment to the Brady Bill prohibiting anyone convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, and the supreme court ruled that the ban stood even if it was not listed as a domestic violence if it was a family member or intimate partner involved.

White_man_Dave

Proud yankee
If the 2A states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed, and Thomas Jefferson later stated that no free man shall ever be debarred from keeping and bearing arms, How is gun registration going to help? Truth of the matter is that registration is precursory to confiscation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Less guns on the streets means less people getting shot, its a numbers game really.

Thomas Jefferson also blabbed about "Free men" yet owned and fucked slaves, last time I checked supporting slavery was the exact opposite of freedom and fucking slaves was really not that much different than England fucking the colonies up the ass with taxes. The founding fathers of this country were nothing short of hypocrites.

All this "Shall not be infringed" crap is mostly peoples own interpretation of an ancient document. The context is not the same as back then, the language is not the same and most importantly people are not the same.

With the amount of people dropping like flies it only makes sense to keep an eye on who has what. If its only stolen guns commiting crimes then again, banning them cuts down on the overall numbers making it harder to obtain. You simply cannot steal something that is not there. People get their Gadsden panties on too tight the wedgies must be insane.

Joe Nobody

People invented guns, the knowledge is already out there.

If all guns were rounded up and destroyed we would just make more.

Or import from other places.

Reactions: kev

Jarvis

Less guns on the streets means less people getting shot, its a numbers game really.

Thomas Jefferson also blabbed about "Free men" yet owned and fucked slaves, last time I checked supporting slavery was the exact opposite of freedom and fucking slaves was really not that much different than England fucking the colonies up the ass with taxes. The founding fathers of this country were nothing short of hypocrites.

All this "Shall not be infringed" crap is mostly peoples own interpretation of an ancient document. The context is not the same as back then, the language is not the same and most importantly people are not the same.

With the amount of people dropping like flies it only makes sense to keep an eye on who has what. If its only stolen guns commiting crimes then again, banning them cuts down on the overall numbers making it harder to obtain. You simply cannot steal something that is not there. People get their Gadsden panties on too tight the wedgies must be insane.
First of all that ancient document is what defines the United States of America. And you are correct, the people back then were different then the people today, Back then they had men that would stand up to cowards such as the liberal Politicians or morons calling for more gun control. According to that same constitution with which you are trying to denounce is the reason that you are able to speak the garbage that you do, and I suggest if you don't like Americans having guns, that you move to China where they can't have any, or go down under with the rest of the cowards. You claim that it is people own interpretation but that one sentence defines how much of a moron you really are because it explicitly states that in the 2A and even a 3rd grader can understand it. So I guess you are trying to tell us all that you have less intelligence than a 3rd grader. Also Thomas Jefferson said that whenever in doubt about the constitution to look back to the founder's original intent, and being that they had just fought the Revolutionary war, so their mindset was that no one be disarmed. Read, learn and maybe you won't be so ignorant. Only a communist wants to disarm the people. Try reading Resistance to tyranny: a Primer, you might actually change your mind.