Armed church members stop shooter

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
It is a very sad day when people can not worship in peace. Recently we have two examples of what happens when law abiding citizens are armed.

Jewish stabbing victims had nothing to defend themselves with but chair and tables.

Church is White Settlement Texas, armed members stopped the shooter in a mater of seconds.

Anyone remember when Joe Biden slammed Greg Abbott when Abbott signed a bill into law that allowed people to carry weapons into places of worship? That law probably saved a lot of lives. Yet Democrats would have us believe our best bet is to disarm ourselves and allow the police to protect us.

Yet when Grafton Thomas attacked a Jewish place of worship, all the Jews could do is throw tables and chairs at their attacker.

Maybe the question blows do to, would we rather be armed with a handgun or a chair?

IamZeke

Heroic act too by one of the dead. He made himself a target by calling out and going for an obvious draw he likely knew wasn't going to be in time.

He was the first one shot and the only close target left was the the deacon in the back. But those two literally took one for the team. It was time enough for the old pro to drill that idiot.

Hell of a shot too. He was the obvious hero, but the other two died by willing to be distractions.

Maybe we can't stop crazed gunmen but we sure can reduce the fatalities and make sure the perp never becomes a recidivist.

People in other states harass me online that I support Texas carry permits over constitutional carry.

I don't think expecting you to be proficient with your side arm in public is too much to ask.

Hell, let's make gun permit training a PE elective in high schools and college.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we can't stop crazed gunmen but we sure can reduce the fatalities and make sure the perp never becomes a recidivist.

People in other states harass me online that I support Texas carry permits over constitutional carry.
People harass you for exercising your rights? They communist, fascist, democrats, or all three?

I have never understood why people are so willing to give their rights away. On top of that, those same people vote to take your rights away.

IamZeke

Libertas, they see constitutional carry with zero restrictions as the absolute right and consider our laws about getting training for a permit as a denial of rights.

I get the point they are trying to make, but I still agree with this one gun restriction. To carry in public spaces you should prove proficiency.

That church security guard didn't buy his first pistol last weekend. He was carry expert that saved a lot of lives.

With the point that constitutional carry proponents make I see two things worth mentioning.

First is the people are the militia the document says that they be well regulated. That's meaning training to an old military guy like myself. So I feel I have a position to legally debate from. I'm not arbitrarily declaring victory in that debate, but I feel I have enough logic to push the point.

The 2nd point made against my stance is the supposition that it is a defacto gun registration. But if carry permits are issued like car licenses then they aren't. Many people have drivers licenses and don't own a car. Nor can we just presume if so many have licenses. Ergo, we need a lot more carry permits issued. That's a big reason I propose it be taught in schools even before they can legally purchase a gun on their own. Lots of kids have cars but only adults can sign the buying papers. So let's get the teenagers into shooting training even before they can legally purchase a gun. They can use parent loaners or rentals. Then we suddenly have a lot of carry permits with no connection to actual ownership. Thus no backdoor gun registry.

Sure, the constitutional carry people can complain that in theory my stance is still unconstitutional. I'll take that burden and show them that it isn't so in actual practice. Every mature youth on up can have a bit of time under the loving care of a RSO. Everyone knows a RSO takes no crap for no reason. That should be a wakeup to teens used to liberal school teachers. An entire generation of youth that understands how to act like an adult around guns in public. Most won't even be gun owners yet. Any liberal hope to use the license list as an owners list is gone. Every year with the same only makes it more useless as an owner list. Those that choose later not to be a gun owner will at least be grounded in basic safety fundamentals. It instantly becomes a 2nd legal state ID for all that entails. Lots of things need two valid IDs. It becomes an alternate later as cities grow and fewer use cars as mass transit grows. No drivers license and want to buy beer? Present your gun training permit. Lots of people will keep up their permit requirements even if they don't own a gun. No one abandons a highly useful lifeline. Carry permit owners don't suffer the delays of background checks. A permit holder who never bought a gun knows they can go get one fast if life takes a bad turn. Neighbor acting crazy at you? Think you have a stalker? Boyfriend is a violent drunk deadbeat? A hundred bucks at a pawnshop for a used Hi-Point 9mm and you walk out the door with actual firepower. So what 25 year old nursing student simply throws that kind of freedom/security away by dumping their permit? Only the dense and virtue signalling types.

I'm ready to debate Texas pistol restrictions. No long gun buying rules are made by our state system, other than those found to be clinically crazy or are a felon. Pistols are different animals altogether and I believe mandating training to carry is fair. I also see ways to address backdoor registry concerns. Let's regulate our citizen militia so we are ready when the Feds eventually think total disarmament is a good thing. Let's show the nation that Texas has tens of millions of trained shooters on standby. Like all empires, America will splinter eventually. Texas must be ready to defend our place out of the ashes. The great Tejas Confederated Republic awaits. It will need defending.