1978 video saying an Ice Age is coming

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
From the video: In the late 1970s data showed the arctic had been cooling for the past 30 years at a rate of 2 degrees centigrade. At that rate we could experience ice age temperatures in less than 200 years.

There must have been a lot of change in the past 40+ years to go from our decent into another Ice Age to global warming.

For the people not old enough to remember the 1970s, there was a lot of concern about our climate at the time. I remember teachers talking about Acid Rain and how cola plants were affecting the weather.

I have talked about this in another post, we are in a global natural warming phase that is expected to last another 5,000 years. Every decade or so we experience some kind of extreme weather that sends alarmist over the edge. No Chicken Little the sky is not falling as the earth has ways to regulate its temperature.

Libertas

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever happened to acid rain?? Not enough money in it so it morphed into the climate existential crisis?

It seems that every couple of decades there is a new buzz word. I remember my teachers telling the class about acid rain in the late 1970s. When the 1980s came around hardly anyone mentioned it.

Fast forward to the 2010s and the world will be ending in a decade unless we do something.